Monday 3 December 2012

No Mojo...

I haven't driven the Jag for nearly three months now. It has sat parked up at the side of a quiet road, away from passers by, just mouldering. The battery has gone flat from it being sat so long - a fact I disappointingly learned when collecting some stuff from the boot. What's really sad though is the fact I haven't missed it... It's not that I don't enjoy driving it, I do, but recently the noise from the timing chain tensioner and the spongy brakes have put me off using it. I've gone without and almost forgot about it.

Realistically though, the actual running costs have been more of an eye opener and a mojo killer. Looking back at my outgoings over the last year or so it has been clear that I was haemorrhaging money on petrol. In fact, I must have spent upwards of £600 a month during the summer. It didn't help that the Ka failed it's MOT and that I had to buy the Almera. That expense really left me broke. No spare cash means no money for spares, no money to use towards petrol, and no money to use towards restoration work on the big cat.

So now I'm at a bit of a fork in the road... Keep it, or sell it? Put it in long term storage and accept the fact that many more things will go wrong the longer it sits, or run it once a week where funds allow until the tax and MOT run out in March? I'm not sure what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment