Wednesday 7 March 2012

Days Nine and Ten..

The Jag passed her MOT retest today! I have a nice fresh 12 month ticket, which is brilliant! All I need to do now is slowly bring her up to absolute A1 condition and keep her there.

First thing to do tomorrow is the coolant as noted before, and while she's up in the ramp I'm going to have a look at the top shocker bushes up front to see if they are the cause of the clunk, and try to trace where the oil leak is coming from. That'll be followed by a wash and a clean then a wee run maybe.

I feel fantastic! There are moments when I think "My God, Bones... what have I done?' having bought a big, thirsty, expensive classic car when I have no full time job, nowhere to put it and the thing still needs taxed this month. Then there are other times I'm simply elated that I've bought a Jag. A previously impossible dream that I've made happen by throwing caution to the wind. You only live once, right?

On the drive back from the garage I enjoyed the waftiness, the featherlight steering and the gentle wuffle from the engine. At home, I made a point of hiding her in a back street away from the main road & the pub so as not to attract the attention of anyone who takes exception to it and vents that jealous rage in a petty act of further vandalism. When I come back from College tomorrow I'll take her straight back to the nice, posh part of town to hobnob with the assorted Beemers, Merc and Lexii - well away from any would be vandals. Over the coming weeks I may shift her further afield, to Dunipace and my Dad's driveway - or whetever other potential (hopefully indoors and free) storage comes up. I know Dad will look out for it. he's desparate for a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment